Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine Treats

Here are the valentine treats that we made for J's class earlier this week.  We used the Campfire Giant Roaster Marshmallows....seriously...these things are HUGE!  We dipped them in melted chocolate, then into some festive sprinkles.  I was thrilled that we got to "break in" my new Wilton Chocolate Pro Melting Pot from Christmas - it worked like a charm and I was so thankful that my hubby was able to step in and oversee most of it with J. as I became very ill about 2 hours before we needed to start dipping these.  (I was basically incapacitated the rest of the night laying on the sofa with dizziness and extremely horrific stomach pains... except for the few times where I felt well enough to sit up and tell family members where things were and how to do it - LOL.)  Not sure if it was food poisoning, flu/stomach bug, appendicitis flare up or what, but it was seriously painful and not something I had ever experienced before and it lasted for about 30 hours and I am all better now!)

We made 54 of them and then put each dipped marshmallow into a heart themed cupcake liner, then put 2 marshmallows for each person into a heart themed treat bag with a simple computer generated tag tied onto the bags.  Fun, Fun, Fun!  This weekend we are doing chocolate covered bananas (the plan is to dip and freeze them) and some strawberries.



 




No comments: