Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pink and Brown Note cards


I made a ton of these quick and easy pink and brown note cards on New Year's Day.
No stamping involved on these and I didn't put any kind of sentiment either as I wanted them to be able to be used for a variety of things and you aren't gonna believe how they started out! Everyone knows that I love a good deal. I picked up quite a few packs of monogrammed note cards with cute coordinating pink envies on clearance. I loved the pink/brown colors together, but wasn't thrilled with the monogram (plus I got a bunch of them that didn't have my initials on them or initials from anyone I knew.) So, a quick little revamp was in order! I cut about 1/4 inch from 4 sides (splitting them in 1/2) along the way. (This way I would be able to make sure that I could still use the pink envies!) Then I used the note card fronts and backs as "decorative paper" to make the mat onto my white card. I was able to use up a bunch of these dark colored adhesive backed gem/jewels that I picked up at Michael's a long time ago so I was thrilled.

The punch is the Doily Triple Layer punch from Stampin' Up and it's on pretty in pink c/s and it's matted to chocolate chip c/s from Stampin' Up! Easy peasy! (For those wondering, the medallion piece covers up where the monogrammed letter was.) So now from 1 set of 8 note cards, I was able to create 16 note cards. 8 of them will use the pink envies that came with the original set and the other 8 will use my regular standard card envies!

No comments: