Thursday, May 27, 2010

End of year teacher thank you notes…





End of year teacher thank you notes…

Ok, so most of you know I LOVE to shop and I REALLY LOVE to snag a good deal.
Well, last year one of the big box craft stores was having a routine clearance sale and I spied several packs of colorful monogram initial notecards. (Mind you they were all in the initials that weren’t very popular.) Anyhow I snapped up several packs of 8 cards for 50 cents each and stuck them into my stash. Fast forward to earlier this month when I realized that the end of the school year was rapidly approaching and I hadn’t designed my usual “end of year” note cards for the kids teachers. I realized that I was very pressed for time and decided to use the premade cards and simply cover them with a coordinated piece of decorative paper or decorative cardstock. I also attach a matted computer printed sentiment and ribbon and “viola” instant gifts!

I made 40 of them in less than 2 hours. The longest and hardest part of the whole thing was deciding what decorative cardstock/paper to use! I will be giving each teacher a nice little “rainbow assortment” of colors/designs. Now, I just have to keep my eyes open for more clearance deals 


This is the first batch…

No comments: