Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No Stamp Camp for Feb. - I am back from Cancun!






Just a quick update...I had been trying to get things together for a stamp camp in February, but there just isn't enough time right now. The next camp will be in March. I will have a date finalized hopefully in the next few days (lots of stuff still going.)

Now for a little bit of tropical paradise for all of my friends still looking at snow in their yards! My DH and I just got back on Sunday in the late afternoon from a part business/part personal trip to Cancun, MX. We enjoyed several days of relaxing and incredible food and superb entertainment and accomodations. These are just a few of the pictures I took. (The next several posts will be all about the trip and not feature stamping.)

The first are the view from our hotel room....ahhhh....so relaxing. See those Jetski's? DH took me out on them and scared the heebeejeebee's out of me (and he was only going 1/2 speed.) After about 20 mins. he brought me back (I was screaming and begging to come back to the shore the whole time....continuously saying "OH $&@!" and "TAKE ME BACK...TAKE ME BACK." (For those that don't know, I don't know how to swim, so being on the ocean even with a life jacket really freaked me out.) I have ridden a jetski on a lake and been on water skiis before and not had any problems, but the ocean is another story. All I could envision was me flying off the jetski (like the girl in the movie Fools Gold - love that movie by the way) and then I kept thinking my lifejacket would "pop off" since it didn't have the safety trap through the legs. Anyhow, we didn't wreck, but it was very scary! After DH dropped me back on the shore he went back out to go "full speed" and had a great time on it.

No comments: