Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quick Monogram initial note cards


I had to make some quick monogram notecard sets last week for gifts and I found myself turning to a favorite sketch of mine. You can really create a ton of notecards super fast using this basic design and whatever designer paper c/s you have on hand in a smaller print.

Using any decorative paper, cut your strip 1 inch wide x 5 1/2 inches long
Cut an accent c/s 1 1/4 inches wide x 5 1/2 inches long.

Stamp your initial of choice in same color ink as the accent c/s on 1 1/4 white circle. (I usually stamp the letter first on a sheet of white c/s and then punch it out so I can manuever the punch around to make sure the letter is centered and straight!) Mat the letter with another accent color piece of c/s that has been punched to 1 3/8. Then attach it to a scalloped circle in the same color as the ink and viola!

The Stamp set I used is by Stampin' Up! and it's one of their alphabets called Lovely Letters...I LOVE IT!

No comments: