Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy St. Patricks Day LUCKY blocks

Here are the seasonal blocks I did with my kids craft class this year for St. Patrick's Day.

I wanted to do something larger so it could be a centerpiece on a mantle for St. Patty's Day or on a window sill etc.  These fit the bill perfectly.  The kids enjoyed making them and since my time with them is very limited (we have 1 hour to get the craft done) I kept them very simple in nature.  The wood cutout letters were attached with sticky back Velcro circles (cut in half to fit better).  The letters are not flush with the wood which creates a nice look so they appear to be popping out even more.

If I had more time, I would have embellished the blocks with some green half pearls or glitter on the letters or even a shamrock accent or two.  (Who knows - I may still end up doing that and if I do, I will post the pix.)

Supplies:  2x4 (each block is 4 inches tall)
Acrylic Paint: Grass Green & Apple Tart
Wood Cut Letters
Foam Paint Brushes
Sticky back Velcro dots to adhere letters to blocks

No comments: