Monday, May 21, 2012

Girly Cupcake Birthday cards

May & June are very busy months for my family. My DD has birthday parties to go to every weekend as well as her own party we are throwing.
Even though I am sure I have over 1,000 cards in my various stashes "special friends" always seem to call for a "new" and "special" card.
I found these cupcake gem pieces on clearance at Michael's a couple of months ago and had to get them. I will be honest, they are adorable in the package, but a real pain in patootie to work with...it was nearly impossible to get them to set up straight and not be "crooked" or out of whack. These 2 are the best of about 6 cards that I did and that pastel cupcake is still pretty wonky looking! The designer paper is some that I had in my stash and the pretty ribbon I picked up at the local party store.

On the plus side DD's girlfriends loved the cards - so that's great!!



No comments: