Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Halloween Bat Treat Cone/Box


This is my version of a creation our SU founder Shelli Gardner shared at Convention this year. It's a bat box/cone created using the SU Petal Cone Die and SU Pennant Die from Stampin' Up! and the Big Shot. I searched for a tutorial and/or directions and could never find one, so I "winged" it ;) (Nice pun with the project being a bat - huh?) :)

Anyhow, I think it turned out pretty darn cute and you can easily stuff it with some little treats for a nice halloween treat container for your kiddos/grandkids or even a favorite teacher/coach.

Some tips/tricks:
*The wings went through the spider web embossing folder to give them some "veins".
*I used some glitter glue and just smushed it all over the bat with my finger to give it that glistening you see.
*I cut thin strips of that bright green paper and rolled them around in my hand to give them texture. You could also run them through a crimper.
*I added some black curling ribbon (instead of black c/s) to the green paper simply because I had it on hand. (I like the difference in texture that it gives the filler...the round curls vs. the crinkled shred.)
*Googly eyes attached with glue dots after the glitter dries.
*Free hand cut the teeth
*Circle punch for the mouth and to create the bottom of the wings.

This sample is for sale after 9/30 if interested, let me know.

No comments: